Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas

Christmas is such a hard time for us now and I hate that! Paul's family is divided and there's no way to get around that. It causes a lot of pain and hurt for everyone. But for my boys it's about the majic of Christmas and I want them to know nothing else.
Paul and I did our best to put all of our differences aside and make it the best for them. It's very hard for us but we trudged through the gatherings and try to put hurtful comments or missed invitations aside.

I found this quote today on a blog that I read often:

We've cried this year. We've complained and cursed and cleaned up messes, just like everyone else. There are scuffs on our walls and bruises on our heart. But, in the end, there is good. And we know when to celebrate, and celebrate we do.

This explains it all! Boy did we celebrate with the boys! They enjoyed themselves to the fulliest. The smiles and excitement from them was enough to carry us through. The troubles of our world stopped for us briefly on Christmas morning when their little feet ran down the hall to see what Santa brought them.
They will never know the gift they gave me that morning! I was in such a high with them that I didn't even take pictures. I just wanted to sit down and enjoy every second through their eyes.

1 comment:

mhemrich said...

This post brought tears to my eyes. I am glad you had such a wonderful Christmas. You guys deserve it!
*hugs*