Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It's time to heal!

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted anything here. I have to be honest that I was actually avoiding this blog. Avoiding it like the plague.
Logan has been doing good, Ethan has been healthy and we were spending the warm weather like a normal happy family without a care in the world! I have to admit that I feel lighter this year as opposed to last year. I feel like a better Mother. I've been realizing lately how depressed I was before. I often would think of ways to avoid life in general instead of enjoying it.
But I haven't been dealing with things like I should. Instead I've been putting all my feelings aside and just going about life as if nothing happened. It wasn't until Paul and I hit a new low in our marriage that we sat down and put everything on the table. We stopped talking to each other about life and realized we were both losing each other emotionally. We were there for the boys but not for each other or ourselves.
We were both in more pain then we wanted to admit and realized we could no longer put ourselves aside to care for the boys. It was time to open up all these wounds and heal.
I need to accept this as a new chapter in my life. Pick up the pieces, deal and move on. I can't change what happened but I can make my life better because of it.
This process though will bring up all the raw emotions that I've buried deep inside. Paul and I are going to do this together. Heal together.

No comments: